One of Maryland Capital Enterprises's primary strengths is its ability to forge broad cooperative contacts and partnerships in the community. These collaborations contribute to outreach efforts, aid in targeting businesses within the market, contribute a substantial amount of technical assistance and lead to further contacts. Below is a list of some of MCE's cooperative partnerships.
- Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce - Being housed within the Chamber's premises ensures constant interaction between MCE's clientele and the local business community. The Chamber also provides MCE with referrals to those who are looking to start a small business or need start up capital.
- Small Business Development Center at Salisbury University - This partnership includes a cooperative 8-week training program for MCE along with Wor-Wic Community College and (ESEC) Eastern Shore Entrepreneurship Center. We also collaborate with other classes throughout the year.
- SCORE Chapters - MCE and SCORE work closely together to ensure mutual client needs are met by co-counseling clients, providing appropriate referrals for funding and hosting joint training sessions.
- Lower Shore Workforce Alliance (LSWA) - LSWA and MCE have joined together to provide a FREE business training and educational course to the unemployed residents and start up businesses in the Wicomico County.
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) - Since program conception, UMES has provided donation of staff time and grant efforts, ensuring the fruition of MCE; and through its Rural Development Office, made referrals to MCE.
- Salisbury University (SU) - we partner with the Franklin P. Perdue School of Business on their various Entrepreneurship Competitions and the ABLE Internship Program.
- Chambers of Commerce - MCE is a member of Salisbury, Berlin, Ocean Pines, Ocean City, Dorchester, Talbot County and Baltimore County Chambers.
*Regional, county, and state economic development departments and business development agencies MCE has established cooperative contact with Economic Development Offices of the four lower counties (Somerset, Wicomico, Worcester and Dorchester) regarding their Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy to insure that micro-enterprise development is part of their economic and business development. MCE also administers the loan funds for 3 of the counties' small business clients.